The Nashville Business Incubation Center is an Entrepreneurship Program. Participation in the traditional incubation program includes rental space in the center. Below is information on program participation.
- What is the selection process? All applicants must submit an application package. NBIC staff will review your application for completeness. The admissions committee will make a final decision regarding your business’ acceptance into the program.
- What is the selection criteria? Preference is given to businesses that meet the goals of the incubation program.
- How long is the incubation period? Participants may stay at the Center a maximum of five (5) year. Annual lease renewal will be at the option and discretion of the board of directors based on recommendation from the Executive Director.
- What kinds of businesses are eligible? Start-up or existing businesses, corporate, partnership or sole proprietorship, inventors, for-profit and non-polluting industries are welcome to apply for any incubation program.
- What kinds of businesses are excluded? Retail, branches, affiliates, franchises, and subsidiary operations are not allowed to participate in the NBIC program.
- What are tenant requirements? All traditional incubating clients must submit a business operating permit, have their own furnishings (unless in the Acorn Suites) and equipment, liability insurance as described in the lease, must maintain utility connection for the duration of tenancy.
- Do I have to stay one year? No, you may terminate your lease with a 60-day written notice.
- Can my participation be terminated in less than a year? Yes, with a 60-day written notice.
- Can I participate in the program if I do not need office space? Yes, the Incubator Without Walls program is designed for virtual clients and does not have a residency requirement.