- This event has passed.
Foundations: Entrepreneur Training Program [Night] [Virtual]
June 16, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - August 4, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
This program is ideal for individual who have an idea for a business or who are in the beginning stages of business development and need exposure to the basic principles needed to run a successful, sustainable company.
Entrepreneurs who complete FOUNDATIONS have the opportunity to:
– Join a community of like-minded professionals.
– Complete a proven business development curriculum.
– Receive complimentary admission to our workshops and networking events.
– Have an opportunity to join our collaborative co-working space at a discounted rate.
– Apply for a $25,000 business loan from First Horizon Bank.
WEEK 1: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 – Class: Evaluating Feasibility
WEEK 2: Tuesday, June 23,2020 – Class: Selecting A Business Name
WEEK 3: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 – Class: Business Plan Outline
WEEK 4: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 – Class: Market Research and Advertising
WEEK 5: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 – Class: Required Start-Up Money (Budgeting)
WEEK 6: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 – Class: Financial Statements
WEEK 7: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 – Class: Suppliers and Distribution Channels/ Credit and Access to Capital
WEEK 8: Tuesday, August 4 , 2020 – Presentations/ Graduation
Student Learning Outcomes
The Participant will:
- Evaluate feasibility to see if they are ready to start their own business
- Create a business plan
- Review financial statements
- Discuss marketing and advertising techniques
- Learn what’s needed to start a business
- Compile a resource binder
- Deliver a well-organized presentation with skill and ease, using visual data where appropriate
- Turn in a written presentation